Advertisement UCC’s Godfrey MutabaziCommunications regulator, Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) last week launched a new telecommunication company, Suretelcom at Kibuli.Executive director Godfrey Mutabazi said UCC is in the process of devising new service terms to improve telecommunication service delivery in the country.Suretel Uganda Ltd conducted its first Ugandan GSM call last Friday. – Advertisement – In July 2007, Minister of Information Communication Technology and the UCC granted Suretelcom a license as a public infrastructure provider and public service providerSuretelcom is a subsidiary of Time turns Holding Ltd an international telecommunication company. Timeturns operates in Nepal -Spice Nepal Pvt Ltd, Cambodia -Latelz Co Ltd, Burundi -Lacell Su, Sierra Leone -Intergroup Telecom Ltd, Tanzania -Benson Informatics Ltd, Congo DRC -Yozma Timeturns Spr and Uganda -Suretelcom Uganda Ltd.According to the Timeturns, Uganda is one of the fastest growing markets in Africa with a projected in increase subscriber base by about 20.1 million people in 2009-2014 (the annual growth of 22%)It also adds that the market is highly segmented as eight operators share the subscriber base. MTN, Zain, Uganda Telecom and Warid share the market currently. Small operators are projected to capture about 13% of subscribers by 2014.
- Top IMCA Modified check is $1,000 at May 18 Salmon Valley show
- IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National Point Standings Through Feb. 05
- IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National Point Standings Through May 4
- Thornton holds off Shryock for $10,001 IMCA Legendary payday
- Domagala stampedes to IMCA Modified checkers at 45th annual Jamestown special