The first period wrapped up with the score still tied at zero, but the Huskies controlled the play and the shots with a 15-11 advantage.As the second got underway the Huskies were on the powerplay from an infraction late in the first by the Flyers and they cashed in with the extra man as Jerome Thorne found the back of the net 1:09 in. The score held throughout the remainder of the period as the Huskies led 1-0 after 40 minutes.The Huskies took a 2-0 lead as Tyrell Hammer-Jackson scored in his final game with Fort St. John early in the third. The Flyers responded five minutes later to cut the lead in half, however Huskies newcomer Davis Rose scored 40 seconds later as his shot barely crossed the line to restore the two goal lead for Fort St. John.- Advertisement -It was a well rounded game for the Huskies that saw them play well in all aspects. They limited the Flyers offensive opportunities and controlled the flow of the game.“It was pretty evident last night [Friday] there was a big difference in the game. We were on our way up the ladder quite a bit and tonight it showed up even more,” head coach Gary Alexander said. “Defensively we played well, the forwards came back hard and they checked hard all night long. They stayed with it and they didn’t give up a shift so that’s a big plus right there.”The past two games have seen the Huskies add a top six forward in Kody Disher. While he didn’t register a point in the game, his skill and effort stood out and was noticed by the coaches.Advertisement “He’s a real firecracker. Hard nosed kid. He comes to play and has some respect in the room already. We’re real happy to have him. He’s going to come and go somewhat but when it comes to the grind he’ll be here full time,” Alexander stated.The bright spot in the game was the goal scored by Tyrell Hammer-Jackson. Well liked by teammates and coaches on and off the ice, everyone was happy to see him score in his final game as he’ll move on to fulfilling a lacrosse scholarship in New York.“Hammer is a special little character. He’s got a real sense of humour and he keeps everybody light,” Alexander explained. “He throws a lot of tough looking stuff out there but he’s really a pussy cat at heart. He’s a good character guy. He’s been good in the dressing room and he’s kept everybody light.”Goaltender Daimon Derouin had a strong night in goal as he turned aside 29 of the 30 shots he faced in the game.Advertisement Next on the schedule for Fort St. John is a tough road game against the North Peace Navigators on Friday night. After that they’ll have a home game the following day against the Beaverlodge Blades at 8 p.m.
0Shares0000Naby Keita was presented his jersey number eigt by former Liverpool Captain Steven Gerrard. PHOTO/LFCLONDON, United Kingdom, Jun 27 – Naby Keita says he is intent on becoming as great a player at Liverpool as the previous player to wear the number eight shirt, their iconic former captain Steven Gerrard.Keita, who will train with the squad next Monday for the first time since he signed for a reported £48million ($63.4million) from Bundesliga outfit RB Leipzig last year, told LFCTV he was astonished when he realised it would be Gerrard presenting him with the shirt when he visited the club last August after the deal was agreed. Gerrard, who wore the number eight shirt for 11 years and saw it not awarded to another player when he left for LA Galaxy in 2014, was then the club’s under-18 coach but has since moved into his first full managerial role at historic Scottish club Rangers.“It was an incredible day for me. He gave me the number eight jersey. When it happened, it was a surprise and I didn’t expect it,” said Keita.“When he came in, I looked and him and said ‘Wow’ because he is a legend. He is somebody who always showed respect, who gave his all on the pitch, somebody who is loved here.“If somebody like that gives you his shirt number, it’s not to play around with, it is to try and do as much as he did — that’s my motivation.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
A bus of 53 people including children affected by diabetes will travel from Donegal to Dublin tomorrow to meet with Health Minister Dr James Reilly to demand better services.Minister James Reilly to meet with the Donegal diabetes group.Parents of children with Type 1 diabetes will present the Minister with a petition of 15,000 names demanding more diabetes nurses at Letterkenny General Hospital.The group will be accompanied by Donegal TD Joe McHugh. It is understood the parents will be allowed time with the Minister to discuss their needs and present their case.Paul Gillespie of the Donegal Diabetes Parents Support Group said the ball is now in the Minister’s court.“We are meeting the Minister, and Bill Maher who is head of the hospital group.He holds the purse-strings. Hopefully this is a good sign; they are taking us seriously. The petition is asking for a diabetes paediatric nurse specialist on the children’s ward in Letterkenny,” he said. There are currently 144 children with type 1 diabetes being treated at Letterkenny General.The condition sees the body stop producing insulin and is unlike the more common type 2 diabetes in that it is not linked to diet. DONEGAL DIABETES SUFFERERS TO BRING THEIR FIGHT TO MINISTER’S DOOR was last modified: April 7th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:diabetesdonegalDr James Reillydublin
Ex-Chelsea defender Michael Duberry has expressed doubt that Rafael Benitez is the right man for the club in the long term.Benitez is the favourite to take over at Stamford Bridge despite many Chelsea fans being unhappy at the prospect of him being appointed.And Duberry, a former Blues team-mate of sacked manager Roberto Di Matteo, told Sky Sports News the Spaniard may have a point to prove after his Liverpool reign ended badly.“I’m not too sure. He’s done well at Liverpool but at the end it tailed off. It might be temporary, but long term I’m not too sure.” said Duberry.“Short-term, maybe. He might come with new ideas and give a short-term boost. We’ll see.”Are Chelsea right to sack Di Matteo? Click here to voteClick here for our Di Matteo quiz See also:Gullit tips Mourinho to make Stamford Bridge returnThe decision to sack Di Matteo is appalling but not surprisingThe axe falls on Di Matteo at ChelseaRafa’s the gaffer at 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
13 November 2012 Ireland’s Mainstream Renewable Power announced this week that it was starting construction on solar and wind power projects in South Africa, in a €500-million (about R5.5-billion) investment under a government programme that has ushered in the country’s first large-scale renewable energy projects. The Dublin-based company is one of 28 independent power producers that signed contracts with the South African government last week, in the first round of a programme that will see an initial 1 400 megawatts of renewable energy being added to South Africa’s energy mix, while bringing an estimated R47-billion in new investment into the country. Mainstream Renewable Power and its partners will build a 138 MW wind farm in Jeffreys Bay in the Eastern Cape, and two 50 MW solar photovoltaic (PV) parks in the Northern Cape – one near De Aar and one at Droogfontein near Kimberley. All three projects are scheduled to be fully operational by mid-2014. “The South African government has shown tremendous vision and foresight in creating this new and sustainable industry for South Africa, firmly placing it on the world map for renewable energy generation,” Mainstream CEO Eddie O’Connor said in a statement on Monday. “Mainstream is fully committed to playing a leading role in the delivery of this vision, to bringing significant socio-economic benefits to the areas in which we’re building the projects, as well as clean, free-fuel energy to South Africa.” According to Mainstream, the projects are expected to generate hundreds of jobs during construction and, once operational, the project revenues are expected to benefit local communities through socio-economic and enterprise development. “The projects are expected to produce 635 GWh of electricity, enough to supply up to 48 000 households and displace approximately 628 000 tons of carbon emissions per year,” the company said. Mainstream won the contract for the three projects as the lead partner in a consortium including US power company Globeleq as the strategic equity partner, Thebe Investment Corporation, local engineering firms Enzani Technologies and Usizo Engineering, as well as local community trusts. The projects are being co-developed with Mainstream’s South African partner, renewable energy developer Genesis Eco-Energy. Old Mutual’s IDEAS Managed Fund is an additional consortium member of the Jeffreys Bay Wind Farm. SAinfo reporter
The Central Bureau of Investigation has started excavation at a graveyard in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur on suspicion that bodies of some of the minor girl inmates of a shelter home, who were sexually assaulted and killed, were buried there.The excavation has been initiated following interrogation of suspects.“We have found skeletal remains, which will be examined forensically to determine the identities,” said a CBI official. Girls reported missingSome of the girl inmates were earlier reported missing from the shelter home. Last month, the CBI arrested the State government’s Social Welfare Department Assistant Director Rosy Rani, besides three staff members of main accused Brajesh Thakur.In all, 20 bank accounts of the main accused were frozen and orders issued, preventing the accomplices from selling any property linked to the shelter home.
View comments MOST READ Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte In fact, he tracks them down.Alvarez fought against the best in Bellator and the UFC where he had won world titles and he wants the fiercest warriors that ONE Championship has to offer in the lightweight division.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption charges“I have traveled the world in the last 15 years fighting the best guys I can get my hands on everywhere,” said Alvarez, who signed with ONE Championship five months ago.“I have won every single World Title from every major organization and ONE Championship is the only organization that I don’t have their world title.” PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss LATEST STORIES P2.5 B shabu seized in Makati sting, Chinese national nabbed Eddie Alvarez has always been a fighter who never shies away from any challenge.ADVERTISEMENT Hong Kong tunnel reopens, campus siege nears end Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Yeng Guiao early ejection ‘blessing in disguise’ for NLEX in crucial win Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Trump campaign, GOP groups attack Google’s new ad policy 1 dead, 3 injured in Quezon road crash Alvarez had taken down some of the big names in Shinya Aoki, Roger Huerta, Gilbert Melendez, Anthony Pettis, Rafael Dos Anjos, and Justin Gaethje and he’s out for more.“Like I said before, I’ll fight anyone, whoever the baddest, toughest, most dangerous guy that’s who I want,” Alvarez said.“Take me to him and we will have a good fight.”The 35-year-old Alvarez makes his keenly-awaited ONE debut against the heavy-handed Russian Timofey Nastyukhin on March 31 in a lightweight World Grand Prix quarterfinal in ONE: A New Era in Tokyo, Japan.Filipino MMA superstar Eduard Folayang currently holds the lightweight belt.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Urgent reply from Philippine football chief
Mumbai, Sep 20 (PTI) Realty major DLF will be opening its sixth mall in Delhi-NCR by May next year at an investment of Rs 300 crore. “We are already in the process of completing another mall in Delhi called the Emporio at Chanakyapuri in Central Delhi. Its a smaller mall and it should be open by next May,” DLF chief executive for rental business, Sriram Khattar told PTI here over the weekend. Besides, the Gurgaon-based developer will be opening the Rs 1,700-crore Mall of India in Noida by November this year. The company claims that the 2 million sq ft mall will be the biggest in the country. “We launched the project in 2012 and now are set to open it. By October-end, we are set to open the cinemas and between November 20 and 27 will be the grand opening,” DLF senior vice-president & head of leasing and mall management, Pushpa Bector said. The Mall of India has a leasable area of about 2 million sq ft and DLF has leased over 90 per cent of this already, she claimed. It will have over 450 retail units, a seven-screen cinema, and a food court with about 1,000 seats. “At the Mall of India, we have got 40 per cent of space dedicated to food and entertainment,” Bector said, adding that the new property will have 22 casual dining restaurants. The countrys largest developer is expecting Rs 200 crore rental income per year from this mall and expects it to break-even in five to six years. Even though many mall developers are struggling with dwindling footfalls and revenues, Khattar said revenue growth for DLF has been 10-12 per cent. DLF said if it has to expand, it will only look at tier I cities for now. Bector said tier I cities, especially Delhi-NCR, suits it as customers have better purchasing power. “We like to concentrate in tier I, especially NCR, because the spending power is high. “The kind of investments we are putting in, it gets justified with the kind of returns we can look forward to, because there is consumption,” she said, adding that they would look to consolidate and strengthen their position in the NCR region and then look at other regions. Asked if the e-commerce boom has had any impact on leasing, Khattar said malls may look at reducing the offering for groceries, furniture, books and electronics going forward as sale of these items is high online. “Certain commoditised apparel or fashion may go online but aspirational and luxury fashion going online is very limited,” he said, adding that e-commerce will constitute about 7-12 per cent of the retail market. DLFs annual rental income from commercial properties, including offices and shopping malls, stood at Rs 2,400 crore last fiscal. PTI DS DSK BEN BEN NRB STS MKJ PTPadvertisement
AdvertisementDelhi Dynamos and Chennayin FC shared spoils at the JLN Stadium in Delhi on Tuesday after the visitors failed to break the deadlock. With this draw, Chennaiyin got their first points in the table and sit on the ninth position. Delhi Dynamos, meanwhile, sit just above them with 3 points from 4 matches.Dorronsoro stood tall to deny Chennaiyin all the three points (credits- indiansuperleague.com)Chennaiyin could have taken the lead at the second minute itself when it took a brilliant save from the goalkeeper to deny Orlandi’s header from the corner kick. The wingers Lallianzuala Chhangte and Nandakumar Sekar troubled the away side, but their resulting crosses were poor and didn’t pose any danger.In the dying minutes of the first half, Delhi again got a wonderful opportunity to draw first blood when Carlos Salom released Thoi Singh down the right-hand side of the penalty box only for Dorronsoro to thwart away the danger.As the game resumed after halftime, Chennaiyin blazed all their guns to take the lead. Carlos Salem got the best opportunity of the game when he found himself in a one-on-one position with the keeper. But, Dorronsoro continued his brilliant string of saves when he denied the Palestinian from point blank range. Raphael Augusto and Gregory Nelson took a shy at goal later on in the second half, but the Spaniard didn’t give them any chance whatsoever.Delhi Dynamos will next face Mumbai City FC on 27th of October at the latter’s home ground whereas Chennaiyin FC will travel to the City of Joy to battle out with ATK the day before.Advertisement
Sandeep Singh, hockey player, on life in the movies and the ICU.Q. You were paralysed by a bullet, but came back to captain the Indian hockey team. How did you react when co-producer Deepak Singh approached you for a film on your life?I was overwhelmed. I knew if a true,Sandeep Singh, hockey player, on life in the movies and the ICU.Q. You were paralysed by a bullet, but came back to captain the Indian hockey team. How did you react when co-producer Deepak Singh approached you for a film on your life?I was overwhelmed. I knew if a true biopic was made on my life, it would encourage every youngster, whether or not interested in sports.Q. What do you remember of the hospital stay?I was unconscious for four weeks and lost more than 50 kg. When doctors told me I would never be able to walk or play hockey, I asked them to leave. Every night, I would practise getting up with my hockey stick. I knew my place was in the hockey field, not on the wheelchair.Q. You always wanted Diljit Dosanjh to play the lead.Initially, he was not very enthusiastic about it. I did not want someone to play the caricatured role of a Sikh. I have always found Diljit convincing. However, he was not sure he would be able to carry off the role of a hockey player and the training. But after hearing the script, he did not want to miss the opportunity.Q. The past 10 years have seen several biopics on sportspersons. How is Soorma different?Most of them have had a fair dose of fiction for dramatic effect, but Soorma is realistic and raw. Shaad Ali has stayed true to my life. Even the hockey players and coaches in the film are real.advertisement