Related Shows Turn Me Loose Turn Me Loose, headlined by Scandal’s Joe Morton, has extended off-Broadway. The new comedic drama by Gretchen Law will now play through July 17; it had been set to shutter on July 3. The production will be dark at the Westside Theatre July 4 through July 10 due to a previous commitment on Morton’s part.Turn Me Loose is a new play about 60’s comic genius Dick Gregory (Morton), the first black stand-up to make white audiences laugh at the absurdity of bigotry. The play reveals how the overwhelming power of activism enticed Gregory from one of the most successful show business careers of the postwar era into a life of sacrifice and danger alongside Martin Luther King, Medgar Evers and other Civil Rights leaders. Wielding razor-sharp wit Gregory hacked away at myths about race, poverty, war, and politics. Gregory is still championing the same messages today, at age 83.Directed by John Gould Rubin, the show co-stars John Carlin and features an original song by John Legend (who also co-produced the project). The production officially opened on May 19. Joe Morton in ‘Turn Me Loose'(Photo: Monique Carboni) Show Closed This production ended its run on July 17, 2016 View Comments
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
“Both the UII and the University of Melbourne have shown little to no transparency in their handling of the case,” Sabiq told the Post.“As students, we will keep campaigning for a legal umbrella for sexual violence in the country.”Read also: Childhood victims struggle to report sexual abuse in Catholic ChurchThe University of Melbourne previously appointed an external investigator to examine the allegations against Ibrahim after a woman submitted a formal complaint under the University’s Student Conduct Policy process and a second woman made similar accusations against him but did not make a formal report.However, a representative of the university said on Friday that the investigator found that Ibrahim “did not breach any university policies or code of conduct and there was insufficient evidence that he acted unlawfully, following harassment allegations being made against the student that date back to 2018 and 2019.”“The allegations did not involve any physical contact.”The two women had accused Ibrahim of sexually harassing them in Melbourne, and dozens more in Indonesia have made similar allegations.Fasya Addina Teixeira – a former UII student who has kept in touch with the alleged victims in Yogyakarta – similarly expressed her disappointment regarding the University of Melbourne’s response, saying that sexual harassment that did not take physical form was nevertheless a form of abuse.“The University of Melbourne apparently only counts something as sexual harassment when it’s [physically perpetrated],” she said.“It clearly strays from the definition of sexual harassment as stipulated by UN Women [the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women].”Ibrahim, who graduated from the UII school of architecture, is currently studying for a master’s degree at the University of Melbourne under a prestigious scholarship. He was at the center of sexual abuse allegations raised by at least 30 female UII students who reported him to the Yogyakarta Legal Aid Institute.Topics : “This is partly because we lack a specific legal umbrella under which we otherwise might be able to resolve the case,” Rizaldi told The Jakarta Post during a phone interview on Sunday.He went on to say that the case served to demonstrate the urgency for the sexual violence eradication bill, which has been excluded from this year’s National Legislation Program (Prolegnas) priority list.“It’s all about bureaucracy,” Rizaldi added.Fellow UII Bergerak member Sabiq Muhammad said the women who had come forward with allegations of sexual harassment against Ibrahim were “shocked” to hear that Ibrahim had been cleared. Several students of the Indonesian Islamic University (UII) in Yogyakarta have expressed disappointment over the news that former student Ibrahim Malik, who had been accused of sexual assault at home and abroad, has been found to have not breached any policies of the University of Melbourne in Australia where he is currently pursuing his master’s degree under a prestigious scholarship.Rizaldi Ageng Wicaksono, a member of the UII Bergerak student movement, said the University of Melbourne’s response added to the pain experienced by the women who claim to have been sexually harassed by Ibrahim, both in Melbourne and Yogyakarta.He said the Melbourne finding would lead to a lack of legal impetus to further investigate the alleged crimes in Indonesia.
Dani Ceballos says Arsenal are working towards a return date of June 20 (Getty Images)Arsenal midfielder Dani Ceballos has claimed that the Premier League will officially return on June 20.England’s top flight has been halted since March 9 and all 20 clubs have been involved in extensive negotiations to discuss how the season can be completed safely.Germany’s Bundesliga was the first major league in Europe to return last weekend, while Spain’s La Liga is targeting June 12 for its comeback.And Ceballos has revealed that Arsenal, who were due to play away to Manchester City on March 11 before the match was postponed in response to the coronavirus outbreak, are working towards the Premier League’s return date of June 20.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘We are going to start a week late with respect to what is being talked about in Spain, which is June 12, and we are going to start the league on the 20th,’ Ceballos said in an interview with RTVE. Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterThursday 21 May 2020 8:19 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link2kShares Dani Ceballos reveals Arsenal’s Premier League return date Arsenal were due to play Manchester City in March before the match was postponed (Getty Images)Across Sunday and Monday, the Premier League carried out 748 Covid-19 tests on players and staff with six people testing positive, including three at Watford.Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta contracted coronavirus in March but Ceballos has revealed that everyone at the club tested negative following the first round of mass testing this week.’48 hours ago we passed the tests and the truth is that the entire team have given a negative result,’ said the midfielder.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityCeballos is currently on loan at Arsenal from Real Madrid and the midfielder reiterated his desire to challenge for a place in Zinedine Zidane’s side next season.‘I am a Real Madrid player… and any player in the world would like to play for Real Madrid,’ Ceballos told TVE on Wednesday.‘I have a contract with them for three more years and they are the ideal team to succeed.’Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Advertisement Comment
MORE: >>FOLLOW EMILY BLACK ON FACEBOOK<< RELATED: Racecourse cafe strip to welcome new development More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus16 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market16 hours ago“To make the most of your space long-term, you should check high-quality materials such as stone benchtops are used, joinery customised for your interests and taste and that you can select your own appliances,” Mr Zahos said. Mr Zahos said it was important to think about your lifestyle and then ask your architect to accommodate the space to suit. An artist’s impression of the kitchen within the new SILK Ascot development.He said buyers should ask for features to suit their lifestyle such as timber floors, bookshelves for avid collectors and butler’s pantries in kitchens. “The finer points of custom-design are important to ensure the seamless integration of storage,” he said. With construction started on Silk’s new Ascot development, The Courier-Mail spoke to principal architect Con Zahos, of Loucas Zahos Architects, about making the most of your apartment design when buying off the plan. Interstate downsizers migrate to Sherwood Lutwyche development succeeds off infrastructure investment An artist’s impression of the b within the new SILK Ascot development.“Thoughtful window details draw the eye to vistas beyond the room as well as bringing in natural light and providing ventilation.“Plan around trophy items such as beautiful pianos and sculptural pieces.” An artist’s impression of the street view of the new SILK Ascot development. An artist’s impression of the living spaces within the new SILK Ascot development.“For example, we’ve designed separate living spaces for a mother and daughter who were living together, to cater for their different needs,” he said.“On another occasion, we’ve integrated a glazed cellar room into the plan for a long-time wine collector.”He said a new home should be designed for a comfortable lifestyle into the future. “It’s the detailing, texture and level of finish that can make the space look and feel bigger.“Use of full-height glazing unites indoor and outdoor spaces, making the interior look and feel bigger.
St. Louis 7th Grade Boys Basketball Team lost to Sunman Dearborn B team Thursday by a final score of 31 to 27.For STL, Charlie Dice led the Cardinals in scoring with a game high 11 points. Jacob Deutsch & Adam Cox finished with 6 points each. Evan Vogelsang added 4. Adam Moster & Johnathan Deal provided solid 4th quarter defense.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Mike Burkhart.The SLS 8th Grade Basketball Team traveled to Sunman Dearborn Thursday, November 20 and won by the score of 42-23.The Cardinals were led in scoring by Robert Raver and Sam Geisting. Gus Cooper played an all around good game defending and rebounding the basketball.The 8th Grade Cardinals are now 6-1 on the season.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Dale Amrhein.
IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, Larry Shaw Race Cars Western Region, E3 Spark Plugs Idaho State and track points are at stake as well in the Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot qualifying event. More information is available by calling 406 546-3888. Pit gates will be open all day and the grandstand opens at 6 p.m. Hot laps precede 7 p.m. racing. SALMON VALLEY, Idaho – A check for $1,000 waits for the winner of the Saturday, May 18 IMCA Modified feature at Salmon Valley Speedway. There’s a $35 entry fee and pit passes are $15. Grandstand admission is $10 for adults, $5 for seniors, military and students ages seven to 16, and free for ages six and under.
A number of drivers had strong runs mid-pack with Joel Rust, Chris Mills and Zach Dockter each passing seven cars. A caution flag was all Thornton needed and he powered off the bottom of four to take the lead going into one. The 35-lap feature went green with Cody Laney and Lance Mari making up the front row. The California-based Laney found the top groove to his liking and controlled the race through the mid-point. Thornton became the first driver to find the tacky bottom groove on turn four and passed slowly gained on Laney. Modified feature – 1 Ricky Thornton Jr.; 2. Chris Abelson; 3. Tripp Gaylord; 4. Casey Arneson; 5. Jesse Sobbing; 6. Cody Laney; 7. Ethan Dotson; 8. Tanner Black; 9. Jake O’Neil; 10. Joel Rust; 11. Chris Mills; 12. Bob Moore; 13. Zach Dockter; 14. Lance Mari; 15. Sean Barragan; 16. Ricky Stephan; 17. Jim Thies; 18. Jason Schneiders; 19. Devon Schlumbohm; 20. Jeff Berens; 21. Jim Mathieson; 22. Nicholas Carpenter; 23. Ethan Braaksma; 24. Shane DeMey; 25. Bob Fleshman; 26. Kelsie Foley. JEFFERSON, S.D. (Aug. 8) – Ricky Thornton Jr. added his name to the list of J & J Fitting Iron Cup champions on Saturday night as the Adel, Iowa, driver invaded Park Jefferson Speedway and left with the famed IMCA Modified Iron Cup along with a $7,000 top prize. Results Meanwhile, Sioux City Excitement Chris Abelson was mounting a serious challenge and rolled into the second spot. One last caution was enough for Thornton and he pulled away for the 2021 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot qualifying victory with Abelson second and Tripp Gaylord in third. Joining Thornton in picking up Iron Cup titles were Jesse Sobbing in the IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars, Monty Ferriera in the IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Cars, Cody Thompson in the Karl Kustoms Northern SportMods, Malik Sampson in the IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks and Ramsey Meyer in the Mach-1 Sport Compacts. Ricky Thornton Jr. returned to Park Jefferson Speedway to take the $7,000 IMCA Modified checkers in Saturday’s J & J Fitting Iron Cup main event. (Photo by Jim Steffens) Casey Arneson was the winner of Friday’s 15-lap IMCA Modified Race of States. Modified Race of States – 1. Arneson; 2. Black; 3. Laney; 4. Stephan; 5. Moore; 6. Foley; 7. Rust; 8. Sobbing; 9. Berens; 10. Gaylord.
Everton manager Roberto Martinez is not content with receiving plaudits for the style of his football and will continue to strive for perfection. The attacking talent of Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley and Gerard Deulofeu, combined with the Spaniard’s insistence his side play the ball out from the back, has made the Toffees one of the most attractive sides to watch in the Premier League. But there are no points awarded for entertainment and Martinez wants to ensure players add substance to their style – especially after last weekend’s chastening experience when they twice led at Bournemouth, on the second occasion with an added time goal, but still ended up drawing 3-3. “As a footballer you want to help your team win at the weekend but at the end of your career you want to be able to look back at special occasions,” said Martinez. “Joe Royle was a proper Everton giant. To achieve that sort of goalscoring record is special and for Rom to be able to reach that is encouraging and a reminder of what a special footballer we have. “I encourage him to keep working hard and make a massive impact in the game and I think he is in the same wave of thinking. “You are not motivated by records you are motivated by winning games and keeping your place in the side.” They shook off that hangover with a midweek victory over Middlesbrough to set up a two-legged Capital One Cup semi-final against Manchester City but, with a month to go before that, the manager has ordered full focus on their league form. “Obviously we want to aim for perfection and perfection is to play well, play exciting and attacking football that our fans enjoy and love and then to get a win at the end of it,” he said. “We are still getting through that important period which is the middle third of the competition and we are striving to push each other to become better and because we have such a young group you feel the improvement is always there. “For the next block of games it is vital the attention goes into the Premier League and solely into the Premier League games as December is the most significant month in terms of competing for 15 points in such a short period of time. “I know our fans have been loving the style and the way we have been playing but we will never stop wanting to improve and getting better and promoting that competition for places. “We want to be an exciting team to watch but, at the end of it, we want to be a team who can win consistently.” Key to that will be the form of Lukaku, who has 10 league goals already this season and with 49 in 99 appearances for the club has a record which almost matches that of the great Joe Royle in his first 100 games. The Belgium international has six in his last five matches and is proving to be well worth the club-record £28million spent to sign him from Chelsea two summers ago. Press Association
Kolkata: West Indies batsmen were reckless and paid the price for that by losing to India by five wickets in the T20 series opener here on Sunday, said debutant Fabian Allen.Allen made 27 from 20 balls to take the total to 109/8 after chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav (3/13) and debutant Krunal Pandya (1/15) spun a web around the tourists, reducing them to 87/8 in 18 overs.The 23-year-old said it was not the best of wickets and a score of 150 would have made the game competitive.“It was not the best wicket but we had to be patient, should have played the ball on merit. We were too aggressive; I think we could have easily got 150 or 140, that was the target we were looking for,” Allen said at the post-match news conference on Sunday.“It’s one of those days. We will look to come back in the next game. I hope we learn from this and take it to our next game,” he said ahead of their second T20I in Lucknow Tuesday.Asked if the team missed star all-rounder Andre Russell who, despite being named in the squad, pulled out of the series on the eve of the opening game due to injury, Allen said: “Of course, he is a crucial player in the team, a leader. Chris Gayle was also not around. Young players tried to contribute as much they can.”Allen said they would look to apply themselves better in the next outing.“Anything is possible in T20 games. It does not matter how many wickets you lose… We could have executed efficiently. It was our first game, we will try to execute our plan and play the ball on merit,” he expressed.“In T20s, you have to expect anything. It was one of those days. We will just look to bounce back in the next game,” Allen added. IANS Also Read: Sports News