Allsop posted a £61m sales total from its latest residential auction, bringing the total for the year to date to £376m.The result brings the combined residential and commercial auction total to £868m so far, this year.The catalogue presented a broad choice for bidders. In particular, residential development opportunities proved popular. Lot 16, a freehold site in Clapham North, for example, offered on behalf of South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, sold for £3.44m from a guide of £3m. Adjacent to Lambeth Hospital and formerly used as a rehabilitation centre and office, it had potential for a scheme of townhouses.Gary Murphy, Auctioneer and Partner at Allsop said, “This was a very varied catalogue by value and location. We experienced strong demand for well-priced stock. Good quality investment opportunities outside London were fought over.”Allsop Allsop’s residential auction auction auctioneers November 22, 2017The NegotiatorWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Agencies & People » Strong demand at Allsop’s residential auction previous nextAgencies & PeopleStrong demand at Allsop’s residential auctionThe Negotiator22nd November 20170384 Views
China’s economy will swiftly return to its potential growth rate and there’ll be significant improvement in the coming three months, a senior central bank official said Sunday.“Economic indicators will likely show significant improvement in the second quarter and the Chinese economy will return to potential output level rather swiftly,” People’s Bank of China Deputy Governor Chen Yulu told reporters in Beijing.Chen repeated earlier pledges to keep credit growth stable and make good use of the central bank’s targeted easing approach, and did not announce any new stimulus measures. China’s surveyed unemployment rate jumped in March to 6.2 percent, indicating headwinds for local consumption ahead.The stock market has been more resilient than other global markets, with risks low and the impact of the virus being absorbed, said Li Chao, vice chairman of China’s securities regulator, who spoke at the same briefing.The currency will continue to stay at around 7 per dollar with movement on either side of that level, according to Chen.While the virus’ impact on supplies and inflation will likely to continue for a while, price hikes will start to moderate as economy resumes, and inflation growth will slow from the second quarter and continue that way in the rest of the year, Chen said.Topics : China was hit hard in February by the virus and the measures taken to stop its spread, with a historic slump seen across all economic indicators as quarantines and shutdowns stopped the movement of goods and people.Read also: Chinese economic growth hits three-decade lowAlthough activity has restarted it’s still not back at normal levels, with many services business struggling and the outlook for exporters grim as the outbreak covers the rest of the world.“Based on payments, deposits and loan data since March, China’s real economy is improving somewhat due to earlier targeted monetary policies,” Chen said. The PBOC will continue to direct funding to private and small firms as well as those critical to the supply chain, he said.
Saturday, police arrested a man in connection with a 2016 cold case murder of a Port St. Lucie mother of two.Earl Antonio Joiner was taken into custody in Polk County just after 10:30 a.m.He is expected to be extradited to Lee County within the next few days.The victim, 26-year-old Heyzel Obando, was found dead in her Crestwood Avenue apartment on Valentine’s Day three years ago.The suspect was her boyfriend at the time and is the father of her two children.Joiner initially reported finding Obando shot to death after her family said they hadn’t heard from her in several days.It is unclear what evidence led to Joiner’s arrest.This story is developing.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Australia is currently suffering a slump in their fortunes in all three formats. Their batting has been robbed of Steve Smith and David Warner who are banned for a year while their confidence is at an all-time low following the ball-tampering scandal. On top of that, their next encounter is against Virat Kohli’s Indian cricket team, who are high on confidence. However, Rohit Sharma, speaking to reporters during the practice session in Brisbane ahead of the first Twenty20 International on November 21, has said Australia’s tall pace bowlers pose a challenge in these conditions but India is ready to counter it.Read More | Maninder Singh’s advice to India in Australia: Read conditions well“India has always played either at Perth (venue for second Test from December 14-18 this time) or Brisbane. These two conditions are challenging and the Australians have tall bowlers who exploit those conditions and use it to their advantage. Indian batsman are generally not that tall, so it is not easy for us but the guys are determined to change things this time, we are ready to accept the challenge. Most of the guys have come to Australia before. So they understand the conditions. As a batting unit, we are prepared,” Rohit stated.Read More | Virat Kohli’s India side have golden chance to break Australia jinxThe Australian pace battery for the Test series will feature the fast-bowling trio of Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood. Cummins is 1.92 meters tall while Starc and Hazlewood are 1.96 meters. In the last series played in Australia which was the Ashes in 2017/18 against England, the trio had a magnificent time as they used the conditions brilliantly. Cummins finished with 23 wickets, Starc with 22 and Hazlewood with 21 as Australia won the series 4-0.Leave our mark in AustraliaIndia has endured a tough time when it comes to overseas tours. In 2011/12, they were whitewashed 4-0 in both England and Australia. In 2014/15, they lost 1-0 to South Africa and New Zealand, 1-3 to England and 0-2 to Australia. However, Rohit said the team wants to do well Down Under and added in the last series that India put up a good fight which is not reflected in the score-line.Read More | Shastri questions India’s ‘poor travellers’ tag ahead of series “Australia is one place where we want to leave our mark and do well as a unit. Last time we played a Test series here, although we lost two games and drew two, but I thought we played few close games, especially at Brisbane. We want to make it count this time around, there is a real good feeling inside the group. The motive is to seize all the moments and win. When you do well in Australia, you feel good as a team and thinking about the World Cup ahead, it can only give you confidence winning here,” Rohit said.Read More | ‘Sensible decisions key for Indian team’s success in Australia’Rohit has enjoyed playing limited-overs cricket in Australia, averaging over 57 and in the last series in 2016, he blasted 171 in Perth. The right-hander said the good bounce and pace allows him to play his natural game.“I had a good time playing white ball cricket here. In places like Brisbane and Perth, the good bounce allows me to play my game because I have grown up playing on cement pitches back home. I have done well in limited overs here but the challenge obviously is red-ball cricket which right now I am not thinking of, just want to do well in T20 format and take it forward where we go,” Rohit added.India start their two-month tour of Australia with three Twenty20 Internationals, with the first match on November 21 at The Gabba. The T20Is will be followed by four Tests beginning in Adelaide on December 6 while the tour ends with three ODIs.
Embiid, who was held out of the 76ers win over the Pistons on Friday for rest, has averaged 26.3 points and 13.3 rebounds per game this season. But he has shot just 29 percent from 3-point range, which is the source of his frustration.”I haven’t been myself lately,” Embiid told the Inquirer. “I think it’s mainly because of the way I’ve been used, which is I’m being used as a spacer, I guess, a stretch five, which I’m only shooting (29) percent (from the 3-point line).”But it seems like the past couple games, like with the way I play, our setup, (Philadelphia coach Brett Brown) always has me starting on the perimeter … and it just really frustrates me. My body feels great, and it’s just I haven’t been playing well.” NBA free agency rumors: 76ers meet with Arron Afflalo, three other guards Jimmy Butler understands Joel Embiid’s unhappiness.The 76ers star center said earlier this week he was frustrated by his role in the team’s offense since it acquired Butler from the Timberwolves in mid-November. Butler was asked about Embiid’s comments when he met with reporters Sunday. Former teammates of 76ers’ Markelle Fultz discuss his struggles “I know where his heart is. His heart is pure. He wants to win,” Butler said, via the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I could feel for him. It’s new for myself, it’s new to him. It’s new to everybody. But we’re ok. I know he wants to win.“We need him, long term. He’s been doing a lot on both ends of the floor for this team. That’s our best player. I can understand being frustrated. … We’ll figure out a way to make sure he’s always successful.” Related News Brown said Sunday “it’s a natural reaction” for Embiid to want more touches in the post.“At times, it’s true. He needs the ball,” Brown said. “He can get the ball, from time to time, more than maybe he does. … It’s a natural response, maybe driven at times out of the frustration of a loss, but it’s not anything that is new to me.The 76ers will host the Pistons on Monday. They’ll carry an 18-9 record into that matchup.