Limerick businesses urged to accept Irish Business Design Challenge Advertisement WhatsApp TAGSbusinessLimerick CityMarks & SpencerNews Limerick on Covid watch list Ann & Steve Talk Stuff | Episode 29 | Levelling Up Twitter NewsBusinessMarks and Spencer to anchor €60 million city developmentBy Bernie English – July 31, 2019 2628 Exercise With Oxygen Training at Ultimate Health Clinic Email Previous articleEnable Ireland sucks up the eco-friendly messageNext articleTwelve year Bad Reputation celebrated Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. TechPost | Episode 9 | Pay with Google, WAZE – the new Google Maps? and Speak don’t Type! Linkedin Print RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Thefts of catalytic converters on the rise #crimeprevention The former tourist office at Arthurs QuayTHERE has been a widespread welcome for news of a proposed development at Arthur’s Quay in which Marks and Spencer would be the anchor tenant.Limerick’s Tiernan Properties has signed heads of agreement with the British retail giants to become the anchor tenant for a major €60 million development on the city’s Arthur’s Quay.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Chief executive Michael Tiernan told the Limerick Post that the plans are “at an early stage but we will now hopefully have a discussion with Limerick City and County Council and subject to a successful outcome to those discussions, we will move forward.”The development will be dependent on other factors, mostly delivery of infrastructure outlined in the Limerick 2030 plan which has already been adopted and acted on by the local authority.The new development will involve a site currently occupied by the former Limerick Tourism office at Arthur’s Quay, but public amenities in the park itself will not be affected.The British chain has been linked to various sites in Limerick city and suburbs over several decades, but has no outlet in the area.The clothing, food and homewares retailer has now agreed to be the main tenant in the proposed 18,580sq m (200,000sq ft) mixed-use development.Tiernan Properties said there had been “significant interest” from other major brands in the project, which is expected to boost footfall in the centre of Limerick.The developers said getting a “key target” like Marks & Spencer on board “validates the wider project” and would prove pivotal for Limerick.“We have a lot of work to do but as this is a development in line with the aims of the 2030 plan, we believe it would support that plan,” Mr Tiernan said.Limerick Chamber chief executive Dee Ryan said the announcement that the Arthur’s Quay development is to go ahead was another major boost for the city and region.“This is more great news for Limerick and the wider city region. To have this and the Ryder Cup 2026 announced for Limerick on the same day is incredible. It shows where the city, county and region is headed.”“This huge injection of private investment in retail is an important signal of market confidence and ongoing work to revitalise Limerick city centre. We are powering ahead in so many respects as we develop a thriving urban experience for people who live in, work and visit Limerick.“The retail community, in particular, welcome a boost exactly like this to help attract more people from Limerick and neighbouring counties into the city,” she addedMayor Michael Sheahan said that along with all the other plans for Limerick, the multi-million euro investment by Tiernan Properties would help revitalise the city centre.”“Confirmation that Marks and Spencer is to be the anchor tenant will see the company open its very first store in the mid-west region. It has been a long time coming and I am delighted that such a sought after retailer is opening a store here,” Mayor Sheahan concluded.
moe. spent their weekend at Port Chester, NY’s The Capitol Theatre, celebrating the holiday season with their first-ever, two-night Famoe.ly Holiday Concert series. “Two night” may not be the best phrase, because yesterday’s performance was actually played during the light of day, as an acoustic brunch set at Garcia’s – the smaller venue adjacent to the main Cap room.After a night spent in the main hall debuting new originals and dusting off tunes from their Seasons Greetings album, the band brought out the acoustics and worked through a very fun performance. They opened with some classics, “Not Coming Down > Wormwood > Okayalright,” and included a few holiday tunes in their setlist with “Hey It’s Christmas” (a debut), “Together at Christmas” and “Blue Christmas.” There was also time for an acoustic “Chromatic Nightmare,” as well as the show’s finale, an acoustic version of their new favorite cover song, “Jump Around.”Listen to the full audio below, courtesy of taper Brian V. You can also see a full gallery of the two night stand below, courtesy of Capacity Images.Setlist: moe. | Garcia’s at The Capitol Theatre | Port Chester, NY | 12/4/16Set: Not Coming Down > Wormwood > Okayalright, Hey, It’s Christmas#, Shoot First, McBain, Together At Christmas*##, Dead Flowers, Nebraska, Chromatic Nightmare, Blue Eyed Son, Blue Christmas^, Tambourine, Faker > MothEnc: Jump AroundNotes:# FTP## LTP > 12/12/13^ LTP > 12/08/12 Load remaining images
Scotland head coach Shelley Kerr says the weight of the country is on counterpart Steve Clarke’s shoulders but he will not be distracted McLeish managed Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic while the pair were at Genk in Belgium and the former Rangers boss says Serbia have quality in the squad.“It is a tough one, it is not one that you can say ‘we will definitely beat them’,” he said.“We’ve all got to be optimistic and say this is now or never, although it is not now or never because there have been great signs over the past few weeks and a great result against the Czech Republic.“But that is a tough team and it is a tough place to go to, albeit no fans. That is still a very difficult game. They have guys like Aleksandar Mitrovic and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic – a young guy I had at Genk – and he is in the form of his life as well, so very dangerous players.” Hearts forward Naismith, who won the most recent of his 51 caps for his country in the victory over Kazakhstan last November, knows the importance of the clash to the nation and thinks Scotland have a few advantages going into the game. – Advertisement – Thursday 12th November 7:00pm Steven Naismith believes “all the small things” are going in Scotland’s favour ahead of their Euro 2020 play-off final against Serbia on Thursday.Steve Clarke’s side travel to Belgrade knowing that a win will see Scotland qualify for their first major tournament since the World Cup in France in 1998.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – 0:34 Former Scotland manager Alex McLeish is expecting a tough match in Thursday’s winner-takes-all play-off against Serbia Kick off 7:45pm 1:19 Naismith sees talented players throughout the squad and believes their ability to win in different circumstances is key for Scotland.“The confidence that I get is that the backbone and spine of the squad are talented, talented players,” he said.“They have consistently improved but also come up with the goods. Whether, way back against Cyprus, we are going a goal down, we are getting back into the game and winning the game, whether we need to defend well to see out a game the boys have come up with the goods every time. That’s what gives me confidence.”Former Scotland manager Alex McLeish says the team have to be optimistic heading into the game but is well aware of the test in front of them. “We are on a run of good performances and good results and the players have bought into what the manager expects and I am very optimistic but I would guard that they are a very good team that we are coming up against.”Scotland are unbeaten in eight games heading into the final after recent impressive wins over the Czech Republic and Slovakia. “It’s massive, I’ve been involved in the national team for close to 15 years and I don’t think there is a bigger game, it’s as simple as that,” he said.“It is a one-off game, it is going to be a really tough game but all the small things I would say are going in our favour – there are no fans away from home, it is a one-off game and the Nations League has been good for us.- Advertisement –
Advertisement About Connatix V67539 Coral BarrySaturday 12 Sep 2020 3:11 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link10.7kShares PLAY Video Settings Alexandre Lacazette insists he is happy at Arsenal after victory over Fulham Full Screen Advertisement Arteta wants to keep Lacazette (Picture: Getty)Alexandre Lacazette has reiterated he is happy at Arsenal after scoring in his side’s opening day win over Fulham, but Mikel Arteta has warned the striker his place isn’t guaranteed. The Gunners smashed Fulham 3-0 in their first Premier League game of the new season, with Lacazette sending Arsenal on their way with a goal after just eight minutes.Lacazette has been mentioned as a potential makeweight in Arsenal’s efforts to sign Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey, but the Frenchman rubbished those rumours after the game against Fulham.Asked by BT Sport if he was happy at Arsenal, he replied: ‘Yeah, I’m really happy. It’s only the press and people who say I am not happy and want to leave. AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT ‘I want to play and win titles. That’s all. I’m happy at Arsenal.’Summer signing Gabriel and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang were also on the scoresheet in convincing win for Arsenal at Craven Cottage.Centre-back Gabriel was making his debut, while former Chelsea attacker Willian provided three assists in his first appearance for Arsenal. “He wants us to be perfect, we have respect for what he wants.”“It’s only the press that say I’m not happy, I’m really happy at Arsenal.”Alex Lacazette opened the goalscoring this afternoon and spoke to @TheDesKelly at full-time. pic.twitter.com/wtI2vL4tHz— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) September 12, 2020 Comment 1 min. story Arteta was pleased with his side’s performance and was quizzed about Lacazette’s future after the match.The Arsenal manager insisted he was planning for a future with Lacazette, but warned the goalscorer his starting place was not safe with the likes of Eddie Nketiah also in the squad. ‘Yes he is in my plans,’ Arteta said of Lacazette. ‘A player that I like a lot, he knows that. He has Eddie (Nketiah) next to him, he’s going to push him. More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘And whoever is in the better shape is going to play, the same for every position.’Arsenal have another London derby to contend with in their next game when they welcome West Ham to the Emirates next weekend.MORE: Gabriel impresses Rio Ferdinand and Martin Keown in goalscoring Arsenal debutMORE: Emiliano Martinez demands massive Arsenal pay-off as he’s left out of squad vs FulhamFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page.
Harper reiterated Wednesday that he meant what he said while discussing Trout. He implied the Phillies have spoken to him, but not MLB, according to ESPN.”They talked to me a little bit. Not MLB or anything like that, but I guess when that times comes and guys are free agents and we’ll see what happens. But I don’t know,” Harper said Wednesday. Related News Bryce Harper: If you don’t think I’m going to try to get Mike Trout to Philly ‘you’re crazy’ Bryce Harper talked today about MLB looking into his comments about Mike Trout. pic.twitter.com/B203gxezu0— Matt Breen (@matt_breen) March 6, 2019Trout later commented on Harper’s remarks, though he didn’t add much more to the conversation. “Obviously I saw it,” Trout told reporters. “He’s excited. He’s excited about his team. I have no control over what he says.”With Harper’s 13-year, $330 million signing with the Phillies last week, speculation immediately started around the possibility of Trout coming to Philadelphia after the Angels star’s contract expires in 2020. Harper also alluded to the possibility of the two playing together during his introductory press conference.”There is a rule against tampering for a reason,” Angels manager Brad Ausmus told reporters, per The Orange County Register. “There has been for a long time. I don’t know if it’s a bigger deal or not (now). It’s reported more because of social media, but I don’t know that it’s any bigger of a deal. It’s always been a big deal.” Bryce Harper is doubling down on his Mike Trout recruiting comments. Harper said Tuesday, “If you don’t think I’m gonna call Mike Trout to come to Philly in 2020, you’re crazy.” But that comment led to the Angels contacting Major League Baseball, since Harper’s remarks could constitute as tampering.
Milley’s statement contradicts that of Brig. Gen. Paul Friedrichs, who denied the notion that the virus originated in a Chinese laboratory as part of experiments involving bioweapons.“And if I could just be clear, there is nothing to that,” Friedrichs, the Joint Staff surgeon, said on April 6. “Someone asked me if I was worried. That is not something that I’m worried about. I think, you know, right now what we’re concerned about is how do we treat people who are sick, how do we prevent people from getting sick. But no, I am not worried about this as a bioweapon.” Reports are now emerging that COVID-19 originated in a Wuhan laboratory not as a bioweapon, but instead as part of China’s effort to prove that it is equal to or better than the United States in identifying and fighting viruses.That is according to multiple sources who have told American media outlets they were briefed on the details of early actions by China’s government and have seen relevant materials.This may be the “costliest government coverup of all time,” one of the sources allegedly said.Those sources believe the first transmission of the coronavirus was bat-to-human, and that “patient zero” worked at the laboratory, and then went into the population in Wuhan.When asked by Fox News’ John Roberts about the reporting, President Trump responded at Wednesday’s coronavirus press briefing, “More and more we’re hearing the story…we are doing a very thorough examination of this horrible situation.”Meanwhile, the top U.S. general said earlier this week that evidence that the coronavirus originated at a Chinese research lab is “inconclusive.” That follows a report from The Washington Post that U.S. officials warned of safety concerns at a research facility in the Chinese city of Wuhan two years ago.“We’ve had a lot of intelligence take a hard look at that,” Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley told reporters on Tuesday. “At this point it’s inconclusive, although the weight of the evidence seems to indicate natural. But we don’t know for certain.”His comments came just hours after The Washington Post reported that U.S. officials were concerned about inadequate safety at a Wuhan lab that had been conducting studies on coronavirus from bats.According to the newspaper, U.S. officials who had visited the lab dispatched diplomatic cables in early 2018 to Washington, warning the Trump administration about safety and management weaknesses at the lab, and also that the facility’s work on bat coronaviruses represented a risk of a new SARS-like pandemic.
The woman who is accused of dressing up as a clown and killing the wife of the man she eventually married will not learn her fate until next year.The trial for Sheila Keen-Warren was scheduled to start this week. With the coronavirus pandemic halting jury trials, a judge decided on Thursday to move her trial to April 9, 2021.Keen-Warren is accused of killing Marlene Warren in Wellington back in 1990.The case went cold for decades until the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office reopened it in 2014.Authorities arrested Keen-Warren in Virginia three years ago, after a DNA analysis connected her to the killing.Attorneys told the judge they were not able to conduct depositions, and their trial preparation stopped due to the virus.In May 1990, Marlene Warren answered her front door at her home at the Aero Club, when she was shot and killed by someone dressed as a clown and holding flowers.Keen-Warren married the victim’s husband, Michael Warren, in 2002 and moved to Virginia. Michael Warren has not been charged.Jury trials throughout the state remain hold at least through early July. A trial moratorium extension of at least another two months is anticipated in South Florida.“We’re going to socially distance in the fall,” Judge Joseph Marx said at Thursday’s hearing. “I can’t squeeze 14 jurors back in my jury room during the pendency of the case, or 12 jurors when they’re deliberating. So what do we do?”In addition, closing the courtroom for deliberations could also bring logistical issues, Judge Marx said.“I’m certainly hoping by March, we’ll be back to running as normal,” he added.Prosecutors already dropped their plans to pursue the death penalty for Keen-Warren, which means that her April 2021 trial should take less than three weeks.