Kolkata: The railway police have arrested three persons in connection with the murder of a 35-year-old man who stopped them from snatching valuables at Kankinara railway station in North 24-Parganas late on Friday night.The victim was brutally killed by the gang of miscreants after he suffered splinter injuries in various parts of his body. The accused have been identified as Shahnawaz Ahmed, Faizal Khan alias Raju and Ibrahim Khan. Police said Shahnawaz hurled bomb on the victim and he also suffered injuries in his right hand. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaShahnawaz was admitted to the NRS Medical College and Hospital on Saturday afternoon. Police went to the hospital and arrested him after interrogation. The investigating officers came to know the names of two others and arrested them from Nayabazar area in Kankinara on Sunday morning. All the accused are the residents of Nayabazar area. The trio was remanded in 8 days police custody after being produced before the Sealdah court. Police said that the victim, Biswajit Biswas (35) was returning home at Krishnanagar from Bihar after receiving the news of his elder brother’s death. Biswas intended to get down from the train at Naihati station but he had fallen asleep when the train stopped at Naihati station. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayWhen he woke up he found the train standing at Kankinara station. Without wasting any time the victim deboarded the train in the wee hours. When he was sitting at the platform number 3 at around 2.30 am on Saturday the miscreants walked up to him and tried to snatch valuables. The victim opposed the miscreants from looting him. A scuffle broke out between the victim and the gang members. Following the incident, Shahnawaz hurled bomb on the victim who was declared dead at a nearby hospital.
August 22, 2018 Ed Lenderman 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsPOWAY (KUSI) – The Poway Unified School District, San Diego County’s third largest school district, with 39 campuses K-12, is excited to welcome back over 36,000 of its students on the first day of school, Wednesday, August 22, 2018.KUSI’s Ed Lenderman spoke with Poway High School’s new principal, Richard Nash, about the new safety measures that have been implemented for the new school year. Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Ed Lenderman, More than 36,000 Poway Unified School District student head back to school Posted: August 22, 2018
April 18, 2019 Black SDSU students call for enhanced security Sasha Foo, Posted: April 18, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Hundreds of black students and their supporters came together at San Diego State University on Thursday in a demonstration about the safety and inclusion of black students on campus.The group of students marched from the Black Resource Center to the middle of the campus, calling on the administration to enhance the safety and security of black students.Last weekend, sometime between Friday night, April 12 and Sunday, April 14, someone went into the Black Resource Center and damaged electronic equipment causing more than $400 worth of damage.Last month, the “n-word” was shouted from a car, as the ocucpants drove past the Black Resource Center.In February, students said they discovered a rock that had been thrown into the Center’s garage. The demonstrators said because of the three incidents, the university needs to take more steps to protect its black students.Christian Onwuka, one of the students who helped to set up the Black Resource Center last year said they had asked the SDSU administration at the time about putting in security cameras.“We understood that although the Center was amazing and great things were going to happen, that someone might not be happy and they might not want this space to be safe,” Onwuka said.As the student protesters marched Thursday, contractors arrived to install a video camera at the Center.A university spokesperson said new security measures at the Center have been added and the university is finalizing plans for more.Patrols by campus police in the area have also increased. Beyond that, the university said it’s committed to “allowing space for difficult conversations” and wants to encourage all members of the campus community to feel free to express their viewpoints and concerns.Onwuka, the president-elect of the student government group, Associated Students said the support at the rally for the students’ demands was a positive sign, “not only among black bodies, but allies and those who are interested in making sure that black voices are heard.” Sasha Foo Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter